SSG Offers Three Types of Nickel Plating to Meet Any Specification
Electrolytic Sulfamate Plating
This process yields a low-stress deposit with excellent ductility. Parts plated with electrolytic sulfamate nickel can be bent, formed or crimped without damage to the nickel-plated layer. SSG’s sulfamate nickel coating performs well at high temperatures and is corrosionresistant. Electrolytic sulfamate nickel has high dimensional accuracy with typical thickness of 100-700 micro-inches. SSG’s automated, high-volume plating line is capable of plating using the rack or barrel method, and is excellent for buildup of mis-machined parts.
Electroless nickel plating is used to deposit an ultra-bright, consistent nickel coating. Low-medium phosphorous electroless nickel yields a finish for industrial and engineering applications in which excellent hardness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance are all of primary importance. This plating material is especially resistant to alkaline and acidic environments, and has lubricity characteristics.
Quality In Plating…
- A degreed engineer, trained in nickel-plating techniques, supervises every plating order.
- Extensive monitoring of every job yields a uniform, high-quality, reliable nickel finish.
- Quality is assured through non-destructive testing onsite.
- Plating thickness is tested to micro-inch accuracy with x-ray fluorescence instrumentation.
- Our engineering and sales teams review every request for quotation separately.
- You can expect quotes in one business day or less.
- You can call, fax or e-mail prints for immediate pricing.
- Rush orders are completed within 24 hours — guaranteed!
- Most shipments deliver within three days.
- Pick-up and delivery service available.
- Full-time sales staff is accessible for in-house consultations, and to answer your questions.
SSG nickel plating processes follow these finishing quality specifications: